Not everything that you would normally find the west is so easy to find in Malawi. If you are coming over to Volunteer, there are a few things you could bring that would make life a lot easier here! If you cannot make it over to Butterfly Space but you would like to make a contribution, please Contact Us either way to let us know what you would like to bring or send over to Butterfly Space. We greatly appreciate any contributions made!
COMMUNITY INFORMATION AND INTERNET ROOM
· Laptops and associated equipment (mouses, flash drives, earphones etc).
· Software for the computers, word, photoshop, adobe premier.
· Ethernet cables, general wires, extension cables and plug adapters (two>three pin)
· Library books, especially reference books.
· CD Roms of in useful information on any topic.
· Earphones, microphones, cables (XLR, jacks, adapters)
· Flash drives, batteries, blank cd’s, micro cards.
· Basic digital cameras, video cameras, voice recorders,
· Speakers, hard drives.
· Recording equipment.
· General things mentioned for the internet room like cables, software, computers.
· Documentaries and interesting films to screen and add to the collection.
· Music catalogues to help when the radio station set up.
· Manuals and text books on the ins and outs of recording, film ,photography etc.
· Seeds for the gardens (remember the climate!)
· Garden tools and gloves for the schools.
· Books for the information room.
· Broken centrifugal pumps
· Tools- please contact us directly for an up to date list of what is needed.
SCHOOL LINKS AND TEACHING:
· Educational resources, especially for the teachers- reference books, maps, teaching aids.
· Arty resources for the children as there is little emphasis at all on this kind of learning.